Who better to review a movie about porn than a porn star? That's why we got the beautiful Allie Haze to share… Watch Now »
Tag Archives: Wonder Woman
The lovely and talented Lake Bell has been a mainstay of film and television for over a decade, stealing scenes in films like "No Strings Attached" and on television series such as "Childrens Hospital" and "How to Make it in America." This week she's an average girl out for a weekend of fun who finds herself in a battle for survival in the indie thriller "Black Rock."
We had an exclusive 1-on-1 with Bell to discuss shooting a film without bathrooms, girl talk during life or death situations, her directorial debut "In a World ... " and her continuing quest to one day play Wonder Woman. Get More »
A few years ago actress Lake Bell dropped a bombshell on fanboys at San Diego ComicCon when she declared that she had the moxy (and the guns) to play Wonder Woman. Since then the role has been occupied by Adrianne Palicki in a famously failed TV pilot and by Kimberly Kane in a XXX parody.
Sounds like the big-screen iteration of the gig is still available, and there's still a glimmer of hope that someday, DC's long-delayed "Justice League" movie will actually be produced. During an interview promoting her survival thriller "Black Rock," we checked in with Bell to find out whether she's still looking to get into the spandex-and-spangles game. Get More »
Adrianne Palicki is easily recognizable as Tyra Collette from the popular television show "Friday Night Lights," which ended its five-year run in 2011. Around the same time, the 29-year-old actress set the comic book community abuzz after nabbing the coveted lead in super-producer David E. Kelly's pilot for "Wonder Woman." Unfortunately, the show didn't get picked up, but Palicki had no problems making the jump to big-screen action hero, even scoring the role of Lady Jaye in the upcoming "G.I. Joe: Retaliation."
In her first film since the end of "FNL," the tall (she's 5-foot-11) hottie battles an enemy takeover in "Red Dawn," which hits theaters on Nov. 21. A tune-up on the 1984 film, the reboot also stars Chris Hemsorth, Josh Peck and Josh Hutcherson, swaps Russians for North Koreans, and proves cell phones can be valuable tools in warfare.
We spoke to Palicki about living up to the original "Red Dawn," her tendency towards action roles, and what her thoughts are on bringing the TV cast back together for a "Friday Night Lights" film. Get More »
Emily Deschanel is best known for her work as forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan on Fox's "Bones," which is currently in its seventh season -- and also for being the older sister of Zooey Deschanel.
Deschanel costars in the indie comedy "The Perfect Family," in which Kathleen Turner returns to the big screen as Eileen, a devout Catholic who has been nominated for Catholic Woman of the Year. The religious matriarch -- who has a recovering alcoholic husband, a son who's cheating on his wife, and a lesbian daughter (Deschanel) planning to marry her partner and have a baby with her -- is forced to examine what makes a family perfect: its appearance to the outside world, or how it feels from the inside.
We sat down with the energetic Deschanel as she talked to us about gay rights, potentially working with her sister, what's next on "Bones" and what she would do if asked to play Wonder Woman. Get More »
Megan Fox insists it's not a conscious career move, but take one look at the "Transformers" alum's 2012 movie lineup and you'll notice a pattern: comedy, comedy, comedy.
It all begins this week with "Friends With Kids," an indie ensemble co-starring Jennifer Westfeldt (who also wrote and directed), Kristen Wiig, Jon Hamm, Adam Scott, Maya Rudolph and more, in which Fox plays the sultry young girlfriend to new father Scott. Next comes what promises to be a hilarious cameo in summer's "The Dictator" before a more prominent role in Judd Apatow's "Knocked Up" spin-off "This Is Forty."
The famously candid Fox did not disappoint when we sat down with her at the Toronto International Film Festival, discussing everything from her "boring" life away from the party scene to judging her replacement in "Transformers 3" to the possibility of playing Wonder Woman (sorry fanboys … it ain't looking good). Get More »
We scour the interwebs for the coolest movie news and more so you don’t have to…
• CNN shows Jack Black as he presents the heartwarming birth of Po, the new Atlanta Zoo panda bear. Congratulations Po, your kung-fu training will begin with Master Shifu tomorrow at dawn.
• The kids may be all right, but the Academy sometimes isn't. Entertainment Weekly gives us the top movies that were unworthy of the Best Picture title, and the unrecognized films that should have taken their spots.
• Don't worry @LindsayLohan, @NextMovie #stilllovesyou! Buzzfeed shows us that the "Mean Girls" star isn't so popular in the Hollywood Twitter crowd. #ouch
We scour the interwebs for the coolest movie news and more so you don't have to.
• Original Wonder Woman Lynda Carter would like Megan Fox to close her fat yap about the iconic superheroine. Carter told Fox and Friends that the young whippersnapper is a bad choice to play the Amazonian because Fox told reporters (just last year!) Wonder Woman is a "lame superhero."
• In happier "Transformers" news, Movieweb has pics of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley looking good on the set of the franchise's third installment.
• Two things Dakota Fanning can't stop doing: impressing the world with preternaturally sophisticated performances, and winning the crown for Homecoming Queen. The elder Fanning daughter snagged the honor for the second year in a row this week.