When billion-dollar screenwriter Alex Kurtzman ("Transformers") decided to craft his feature directorial debut "People Like Us" he chose a vehicle that tugs at the heartstrings, as opposed to one that turns into a giant robot.
The story centers on Sam (Chris Pine), whose estranged record-producer father dies and wills him to deliver $150,000 to a sister he never knew. When he meets Frankie (Elizabeth Banks) and her 12-year-old son, the three of them form an unlikely family. Olivia Wilde costars.
1. Bob Dylan + Keith Moon ÷ Crabs = Bonding.
2. We believe she's referring to her bosom, but we could be wrong.
3. Sam isn't too shy about expressing his resentment towards Kajagoogoo.
4. After this tearful moment, he tactfully asks Michelle Pfeiffer to sign his "Grease 2" soundtrack.
5. Jon Favreau is so money and he definitely knows it.
6. Gee, we wonder where he got that anger from?