Since the late '70s and '80s, when DC Comics characters ushered in the era of A-list superhero movies, it's pretty much been all Batman's and Superman's show. Until now.
The emerald warriors of the DC universe, the Green Lantern Corps, are finally getting the big-budget treatment they deserve in "Green Lantern," with Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan, the first human to don those iconic duds and fight evil using willpower... and a little magic ring. This ain't no Tiffany wedding band, though. In the clips below you'll see how Jordan transforms from cocky test pilot to the totally badass Green Lantern.
1. Did You Use Your Wingman as a Decoy? Hal takes a page from the Tom Cruise playbook to prove that he's Top Gun, much to the dismay of Carol Ferris (Blake Lively).
2. The Ring Chose You. Dying in a swamp, Abin Sur (Temuera Morrison) gives Hal the ring in what has to be the most perverse marriage proposal of all time.
3. In The Brightest Day. Ryan Reynolds sports some freaky contacts as he recites that famous Green Lantern oath for the first time. Does that Lantern battery come with AppleCare?
4. I´ve Been Sent To Welcome You Here. Tomar-Re (Geoffrey Rush) introduces our hero to the Lantern's majestic home planet of Oa. One question: Where's the Starbucks?
5. We Face An Unprecedented Danger. Mark Strong's Sinestro gives a moving, Braveheart-esque speech to the wacky legions of the Corps. Sinestro would be a much more appropriate name for a villain, right? Hmm...
6. Parallax. Hal Jordan apparently graduated from the Acme school of fightin' bad guys in this Looney Tunes-esque action sequence.