The summer movie season may not officially kick off until "Thor" opens May 6, but don't tell that to the turbo-charged new sequel "Fast Five."
The fifth installment in the "Fast and Furious" franchise finds Dom (Vin Diesel), Brian (Paul Walker) and their team of racing thieves trying to pull one last job in Rio. But with a ruthless drug lord (Joaquim de Almeida) on their tale, as well as a hard-nosed DSS Agent (Dwayne Johnson) leading a federal pursuit, it's going to take their slickest motor maneuvers yet.
Oh, and of course this flick also has tons of fast cars, exotic women, gigantic gun fights, and massive explosions. Sound like exhilarating summer blockbuster action mayhem? You betcha.
To gear you up for "Fast Five," here are six high-octane clips.
1. Dom and Brian break down the job for the rest of the crew. $100 million doesn't sound like a bad price to race some cars.
2. Tej (Ludacris) explains to the crew why breaking into the bank vault is nearly impossible, even for Harry Houdini. Have Tej, where there's a will, there's a way.
3. Dom cruises up to rescue Brian from the runaway train. Jeez Brian, just wear a seatbelt next time!
4. Hobbs lays down the scenario for the Brazillian police at the airport. Can you smell what The Rock, er, we mean Hobbs, is cooking?
5. Mia (Jordana Brewster) navigates Dom and Brian as they haul the massive bank vault through the streets of Rio. Dom and Brian probably wouldn't make safe semi-truck drivers.
6. Reyes' men chase Brian and Mia across the favela rooftops. Damn, these guys have got some hops!