Oddball director Tim Burton continues his association with mancrush Johnny Depp in "Dark Shadows," their eighth collaboration together.
Based on the late-'60s TV soap opera of the same name, the story follows 200-year-old vampire Barnabas Collins (Depp) as he awakens in the 1970s to find his family on the verge of ruin. This campy take on the cult series should be ghoulish fun in an "Addams Family" vein.
1. Dr. Julia Hoffman (Helena Bonham Carter) sees the perks of being a vampire's personal physician.
2. It's weird that the new Freddy Krueger, Jackie Earle Haley, would be intimidated by someone with such short claws.
3. When the guy in the mantel painting comes to life, ever think it might be YOU who's stoned?
4. Michelle Pfeiffer's Elizabeth Collins Stoddard is one of those backstabber types.
5. When it comes to business, Angelique (Eva Green) prefers "inside the box" thinking.
6. The Eagles had nothing on this witchy woman.
7. Whatever kind of "Happening" they decide to throw, let's hope M. Night Shyamalan is not involved.
8. Victoria Winters (Bella Heathcote) gets romanced ... Barnabas-style.
9. Barnabas has babies on the brain.