Ben Affleck proved he's an ace behind the camera with "Gone Baby Gone" and "The Town," but now he's gunning for Oscar with his newest picture titled "Argo."
Based on a true story of six Americans who evade capture during the Iranian Hostage Crisis in 1979, and the CIA man (Affleck — yep, he stars in this one, too) who gets the bright idea to get them out of the country under the cover story that they're making a cheesy sci-fi movie. Their chances might be slim, but the odds are good you're gonna love these clips...
1. Ladies and gentlemen, the first CIA-Fi motion picture.
2. Alan Arkin's Hollywood producer fields a tantalizing pitch.
3. The first rule of screenwriting is to write about what you know, and these guys know bad screenplays.
4. John Goodman tries to sell Ben Affleck on a "Roseanne" movie without Roseanne Barr in it.
5. "Concerned" is his middle name.
6. "Send in a Moses" is our new favorite expression.