After Tobey Maguire took us for "the ultimate spin" three times as New York's #1 web slinger he, well, quit, and faster than you can say "reboot" producers snagged "The Social Network" heartthrob Andrew Garfield to give "The Amazing Spider-Man" a touch of British class.
Starting over with Peter Parker back in high school, he's crushing on brainy blonde Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone), discovering his powers, learning the secrets of his parents, and battling Dr. Curt Connors (Rhys Ifans) as he goes from harmless scientist to not-so-harmless Lizard.
1. Dr. Connors could combine the DNA of polar bear and the RNA of a regular bear, put it in a human, and they'll always have pneumonia.
2. If Sammy Davis Jr. was in this movie he might say that Spider-Man is a real cool swingin' cat.
3. "Peter, honey, does your phone have low bars or are you talking with the mask on?"
4. The editor accidentally included Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone's first unscripted chemistry test in the film.
5. Nothin' but net ... and property damage, and likely detention.