“Win a ‘Back to the Future’ DVD Trilogy DVD Set Sweepstakes”
Sponsored by MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: The “Win a ‘Back to the Future’ Trilogy DVD Set Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) commences at 12:00:01 PM (ET) on October 25, 2010 and ends at 11:59:59 AM (ET) on October 28, 2010 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 AM (ET) on October 28, 2010. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes.
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to individuals who are: (i) legal residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia, (ii) are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry and (iii) have a account to enter. Entrants who have not yet reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside will need to obtain permission from their parents/legal guardians in order to enter be declared a Grand Prize Winner. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. (“Sponsor”), and its respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of a Grand Prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
4. To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, go to http://www.twitter.com/NextMovie and from your Twitter account, follow the NextMovie account and retweet the following tweet: We’re giving away Back to the Future Trilogy DVD sets to 5 lucky followers. RT this full tweet to enter! Rules: http://cot.ag/a1pyxN (the “Tweet”). (Note: You will need to create a Twitter account if you don’t already have one.) BY RETWEETING THE NEXTMOVIE-SPECIFIED TWEET, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. You are required to follow the Official NextMovie Twitter account located at http://www.twitter.com/NextMovie so you can see the Grand Prize Winners announcement to see if you’ve won (pending verification) in addition to the winner notification described in Section 5 below. Please note that if you do not respond to the Grand Prize Winners notification described in Section 5, you will be disqualified and another Grand Prize Winner will be selected. You must retweet the Tweet exactly as it appears above during the Sweepstakes Period to count as one (1) entry. One (1) entry per person allowed. Automated tweets or tweets sent via a bot will be disqualified. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries”. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry, the authorized subscriber of the Twitter account used to participate in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Twitter account by Twitter. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. Grand Prize Winners Selection/Notification: Five (5) grand prize winners (the “Grand Prize Winners”) will be randomly selected on or around October 29, 2010 by Sponsor from the Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. MTVN will make up to one (1) attempt over the twenty-four (24) hour period following the Grand Prize Winners selection to contact the potential Grand Prize Winners via each Grand Prize Winner’s Twitter account and via tweets from http://twitter.com/nextmovie. If a potential Grand Prize Winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of being contacted, the potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. This process will be repeated until a potential Grand Prize Winner responds.
6. Grand Prize Winners Verification: Each potential Grand Prize Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential Grand Prize Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Grand Prize Winner such potential Grand Prize Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Grand Prize Winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential Grand Prize Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each Grand Prize Winner must sign (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Grand Prize Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) within three (3) days of receipt of the following documents from MTVN: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Sweepstakes Entities and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents and members (“Releasees”), from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of the Grand Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for the Grand Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sweepstakes Entities the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including a W2 form and Grand Prize Winner’s social security number for tax purposes (collectively, the “Releases”). Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such Releases. Each Grand Prize Winner also must acknowledge that Sponsor have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Grand Prize and that Grand Prize Winner (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Grand Prize Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Grand Prize. Each Grand Prize Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Grand Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor or Grand Prize Winners may forfeit Grand Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with Deadline, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Grand Prize Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. Grand Prizes: Each Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) “Back to the Future” Trilogy DVD Set (the “Grand Prize”).
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is $25.00 and the total ARV of all Grand Prizes is $125.00. If for any reason any Grand Prize related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, MTVN reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes in its discretion and shall award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The date for fulfillment of the Grand Prizes will be on or around November 2, 2010, subject to change in MTVN’s sole discretion.
8. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Grand Prizes will be made by Sponsor. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above, including, without limitation, any equipment to be used in connection with the Grand Prize are solely each Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. The value of each Grand Prize may be taxable to the Grand Prize Winner as income. Each Grand Prize Winner may need to supply Sponsor with his/her social security numbers for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of each Grand Prize Winner, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the Grand Prize received. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, each Grand Prize Winner (as well as all other entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes (if any), and any other costs and expenses associated with the Grand Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules, are solely each Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to any Grand Prize Winner or potential Grand Prize Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Grand Prize as described herein. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
9. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A GRAND PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A GRAND PRIZE WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Grand Prizes and Grand Prize Winners. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Grand Prize may be awarded to Grand Prize Winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize.
10. Request for Names of Grand Prize Winners and Official Rules: For the names of the Grand Prize Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by December 28, 2010 to: MTV Networks, Attention: “Win a ‘Back to the Future’ Trilogy DVD Set Sweepstakes”, 29th Floor, New York, NY 10036. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the names of the “Grand Prize Winners”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
11. Sponsor: Sweepstakes sponsored by MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc., 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.